Monday, August 8, 2011

Blake's 1st Birthday Party!

We all love this sweet boy! I can't believe that he's already a year old! (He's now 14 months by the time I posted this.) CRAZY!!! For this joyous occasion we invited family over to celebrate.

He dug right into his cake...no problem!


I couldn't help kissing those messy cheeks.


Family...


Family...


Family!!! (I love that Nate's posing in the back on the fence.)


The cousins were riding bikes and scooters through the neighbors sprinklers without the parents knowledge. They were soaked! We didn't get a picture with all of them together.


Bath time! He had cake EVERYWHERE!


We made fajitas...meat and veggies on the grill. So yummy!


Blake is such a good boy. He loves to eat. He can out eat all of his brothers. He has the cutest laugh that is so contagious. He's smart, but refuses to talk. He just grunts and points with his finger. He is so determined to play with phones. Any phone...cell or home. If he's lucky enough to get his hands on one, he just giggles and grunts happily. He loves to hold and play with our hands. That was the only way he would go to sleep up until about 13 months. Then we were mean and made him cry to sleep. He loves Binky's. He has lots of cute curls in his long blonde hair. I can't bring myself to cut them off. He looks the most like me out of the four boys.

Blake has brought so much joy to our family! He's irresistible to all of us. Our older boys fight over who can hold him or make him laugh. They find so much joy in every milestone. He is a lucky boy to have three awesome older brothers to watch over him. I was nervous about the age gap between the boys, but it has been great! They help me out so much with Blake. I don't know what I would do without them.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Don't cut the curls!! Happy birthday to baby blake. He's a keeper :)

melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hollyw said...

I can't believe how big he is! He is so cute!!! Happy Birthday Blake!